Regular professional HVAC maintenance pays off in many ways, now and in the future. Today’s heating and cooling systems incorporate complex technology and are definitely not a place for do-it-yourself upkeep. Getting the job done requires trained, certified HVAC service technicians. Also, it must be done on a regular schedule to support optimum operation and reliability in all seasons. If you haven’t scheduled regular HVAC maintenance with a professional contractor, here are some reasons why you shouldn’t delay any longer:
- You will save money. Furnaces and air conditioners that receive professional maintenance are more likely to meet the manufacturer’s original specs for energy efficiency. Without it, efficiency tends to decline gradually over time. Higher efficiency means less electricity and gas consumption, which in turn means lower monthly operating costs.
- It will increase reliability. Professional maintenance includes a list of maintenance procedures that prevent unexpected breakdowns or other loss of function in the HVAC system. The maintenance process also allows a trained technician to detect and resolve minor problems that may be developing before they turn into a major problem later.
- Indoor comfort and air quality improve. An HVAC system operating up to specifications provides the volume of heating or cooling required for the specific square footage of your home. If maintenance is neglected, however, temperature control becomes inconsistent. Likewise, reduced air filtration and circulation means indoor air quality also degrades.
- Safety. While home HVAC components have an excellent safety record, this relies in part on regular maintenance. Gas furnaces, for example, need professional check-ups to ensure that combustion byproducts such as dangerous carbon monoxide remain within safe levels and properly vented from the house. Operation of critical safety functions such as high-temperature shut-off switches is also verified.
- Your warranty requires it. Furnace and air conditioner warranties typically require written proof of regular annual professional maintenance to qualify for coverage in case of a defect or breakdown. Without it, you may be stuck with part or all of the expense of repair or replacement.
Get all the benefits of certified professional HVAC maintenance by contacting Detmer and Sons.