When you’re searching for an HVAC professional for cooling and heating service, repair or installation, you should take into consideration industry memberships of prospective contractors that reflect the business and customer-service ethics you seek in a company. When you see an HVAC contractor with active ACCA membership, you know you’ve landed on the right page.
ACCA exemplifies HVAC excellence
ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America) is a non-profit organization established more than 40 years ago. Today, businesses, professionals and HVAC contractors affiliated with ACCA number in the tens of thousands. ACCA is recognized as a leader for HVAC professionals by the U.S. government, and ACCA’s publications of HVAC best practices and methodologies are endorsed coast to coast. ACCA’s goals are simple:
- Set high standards for HVAC service, repair, design and installation.
- Bring contractors together through unique learning opportunities.
- Develop and promote national standards for HVAC design and installation methodologies.
- Provide educational resources for homeowners, businesses, organizations and government bodies for indoor environmental systems.
- Connect consumers with professional and qualified HVAC contractors with active ACCA membership within their communities.
Your HVAC contractor and ACCA membership
ACCA membership should be on your checklist for prospective contractors. ACCA methodologies for HVAC systems design and installation are endorsed by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the U.S. Department of Energy. ACCA promotes and espouses the following high standards within the HVAC industry:
- HVAC contractors should strive to provide prompt and professional service for all consumers.
- New cooling, heating and duct systems should be sized and designed using ACCA Manuals J, S and D for best performance and energy efficiency.
- HVAC contractors are to carry all appropriate insurance and licenses, and perform projects in a safe and timely manner.
- ACCA encourages contractor and technician certification for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the North American Technician Excellence (NATE).
- Participate in ongoing training and education, staying informed of industry developments and technological advances.
At Detmer and Sons, Inc., ACCA membership is an important element of our service to customers, as well as the continued success and best practices of the HVAC industry. Contact us today for the very best HVAC service, repair and installation in the Dayton area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Dayton, Ohio about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about ACCA membership and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock