Your HVAC equipment works hard keeping your home at a comfortable temperature, and you can only expect it to operate at an optimal level if it’s well maintained. Investing in preventive HVAC maintenance can give you peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working safely, reliably and at maximum efficiency all year long.
Benefits of Preventive HVAC Maintenance
Preventive maintenance starts with semi-annual system inspections, cleanings and tune-ups. However, it goes beyond those basic services to evaluate the efficiency and performance of all the aspects of your HVAC system. Depending on the equipment you own, this can include cooling, heating, air distribution (ductwork), ventilation, zoning and air cleaning.
This in-depth approach gives your HVAC technician an opportunity to identify any issues early on, so they can be corrected before they develop further. You’ll also receive expert advice on how to improve the system’s performance and boost your comfort.
Here are a few of the benefits you’ll gain by investing in preventive maintenance:
- Optimal energy efficiency — The energy efficiency of poorly-maintained equipment declines year-to-year, but preventive maintenance can preserve your equipment’s original efficiency.
- Fewer big repairs — Catching issues before they escalate and getting them fixed promptly can save you the inconvenience and cost of more serious breakdowns later on.
- Greater safety — Regularly inspecting and maintaining your HVAC system’s mechanical components and controls leaves you less vulnerable to safety issues like gas leaks, fires or exposure to hazardous carbon monoxide gas.
- Prolonged equipment life — With proper maintenance, your HVAC system components can reach or even exceed their expected lifespan.
- More comfort — When you invest in preventive care for your HVAC system, it’s easier to get troublesome issues solved, such as hot and cold spots, temperature variations and humidity problems so you can enjoy a more comfortable home.
- Lower operating costs — With proper maintenance, your equipment operates more efficiently, so you’ll save on heating and cooling.
To learn more reasons why preventive HVAC maintenance is a wise investment, contact us today at Detmer and Sons. We’ve served the home comfort needs of Dayton, Springfield and the surrounding areas since 1978.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Dayton, Ohio about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Tashatuvango/Shutterstock”