How many times have you put off — or forgotten all about — scheduling your annual preventive maintenance appointment? You don’t have to think about it if you have an annual maintenance agreement with your contractor. They’ll call you when it’s time to schedule an appointment, so you can be sure your heating and cooling system gets the attention it needs when it needs it.
Convenience is one reason to have a preventive maintenance contract. Others to consider:
- Savings: Many contractors offer discounts on repairs for customers with annual contracts. Detmer & Sons offers a 15 percent value rate.
- Efficiency: A well-maintained heating and cooling system will run more efficiently, which means it will burn less fuel and help reduce your monthly utility bills.
- Home comfort: Improved efficiency also means the rooms in your home are more likely to be evenly heated and cooled, and the system won’t have to run as frequently.
- Equipment life: Heating and cooling equipment is a significant investment, and you want it to last as long as possible. Preventive maintenance keeps your systems in peak condition.
- Health and safety: When your equipment functions properly, your indoor air quality will stay healthy. You can also be confident that combustion equipment is appropriately calibrated and vented.
- Priority service: Most contractors prioritize their existing customers, especially if they are committed to an annual preventive maintenance plan. Enjoy preferential treatment whether you have an emergency or just need a routine repair.
- Home value: Many annual contracts are transferable, so you can either take it with you to your new home if you move or transfer it to the new owners if you sell your home. This can add value to the selling price as well.
The professionals at Detmer & Sons are committed to keeping our Dayton-area customers safe and comfortable. We’d be happy to help you get the most value from your heating and cooling equipment with a preventive maintenance agreement. Questions? Feel free to contact us today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.